Recent Refinery Strike Reveals 'Zero Secure Locations in the Russian Far Hinterland'

Ukraine's drones have struck the Russian Bashneft facility in the city of Ufa, positioned some 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, causing detonations and a inferno, per a insider in Ukraine's SBU.

This represents the latest SBU far-reaching assault in Bashkortostan in the last month. Those attacks illustrate that there are no secure zones in the distant backlines of the Russia.

Zelenskyy Calls On US President to Broker Ceasefire in the Conflict

Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on President Trump to facilitate a truce in the Ukrainian conflict in a call on Saturday.

"If a hostilities can be stopped in a single area, then certainly additional conflicts can be stopped as well, covering the Russian war," Zelenskyy said, hailing Trump's "remarkable" Middle East ceasefire plan and requesting the President to pressure the Russian government into negotiations.

Russian Strikes Claim Lives in Ukraine

Russian attacks on Ukrainian territory resulted in the deaths of five people on the weekend and cut power to parts of Ukraine's south Odesa region, per authorities in Ukraine.

Two people lost their lives in a religious building in the town when it was struck, as reported by local authorities.

In Russia's adjacent territory of the Belgorod region, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a drone assault, according to local officials.

Electricity Restoration Operations in Kyiv

Efforts proceeded on the weekend to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after strikes by Moscow.

Electricity had been restored to more than 800,000 inhabitants by the weekend and the biggest power firm said the primary work to recover electricity was concluded though certain disruptions continued.

Air Defence Efforts and UAV Jamming

Ukraine's air defences intercepted or jammed 54 out of 78 total UAVs from Russia launched towards Ukraine in the dark hours, the air force said on Saturday.

The Russian defence ministry claimed it shot down 42 enemy drones over the country's airspace.

Cuban Government Denies Claims of Sending Soldiers to the War

Havana on the weekend denied US claims it has deployed military personnel to engage in the hostilities, while stating Cuban authorities "are without exact information about Cuban nationals" engaged "voluntarily" or "within the troops of the conflicting parties".

The foreign ministry in the capital said 26 Cuban citizens had been sentenced to incarceration from five to 14 years for mercenary activity since last September when information spread of Cubans being sent to the battlefield in Ukraine.

Surrender Initiative Program Discloses Data on Cuban Enlistment

The surrender initiative, a state project that promotes opposing fighters to lay down arms, reported in May: "We reliably know the personal data of one thousand and twenty-eight individuals who enlisted with the Russian armed forces in recently."

The Cuban foreign ministry stated of Cuban nationals who might be participating: "It is irrefutable that not a single one has the support, commitment, or authorization of the Cuban authorities for their actions."

Family members of individuals who traveled to the Russian Federation in the year told news outlets at the time that their family members had been tricked into joining through advertisements on online platforms.

Ronald Lopez
Ronald Lopez

A seasoned casino gaming analyst with over a decade of experience in slot machine mechanics and player strategy optimization.